With the WhatsApp integration, you can message or notify your customers wherever they are on their WhatsApp numbers.
How is the WhatsApp Business integration useful for my business?
- Small businesses can interact with customers easily by using tools to automate, sort, and quickly respond to messages on the WhatsApp Business app.
- Medium and large businesses can communicate with customers at scale with the WhatsApp Business API.
How do I add a WhatsApp number on Freshchat?
- You can refer to this article to learn about adding a WhatsApp number on Freshchat.
- If you are a Freshchat trial user, you can add your WhatsApp Business number and use up to 1000 conversations per WhatsApp Business Account (WABA) per month. To continue using beyond the initial 1000 conversations, you must upgrade to one of our paid plans.
How to use the WhatsApp Business API?
For Customer Support Messages
Customer support messages are responses to customer-initiated conversations on WhatsApp. Businesses have only 24 hours to reply to these messages. They enable you to:
- Resolve issues one-on-one with private conversations
- Connect with your customers instantly
- Please communicate with your customers on the channel they prefer
For Template Messages
Template Messages are business-initiated message templates that can be sent at any time. They enable you to:
- Deliver important, timely messages during your customer’s path to purchase
- Continue the conversation with customers who respond to your notifications
You can refer to this article to learn more about Template Messages.
How does the 24-hour reply window work?
- As per the official WhatsApp Business Messaging Policy, you may respond to a customer only within 24 hours of their last message.
- If someone initiates a chat with you, you may continue that conversation (via Freshchat or otherwise) for up to 24 hours after their last message.
- After 24 hours have passed since their last message, your agents will not be able to respond. This is what the agent's screen will look like after 24 hours pass.
Note: Outside of the 24-hour window, you may only send messages via pre-approved Message Templates. You can refer to this article to learn more about Template Messages.
How does the pricing work for WhatsApp Business API?
The WhatsApp integration is available on the Pro and Enterprise plans of Freshchat. WhatsApp currently charges for both user and business-initiated messages.
- Conversation session: Charges will be per 24-hour conversation session, with different rates for business-initiated and user-initiated conversations. A session triggers on delivery of a business-initiated message or a business reply to a user-initiated message.
- Free tier: The first 1,000 conversations each month are free, so your business can start to build experiences customers will love. WhatsApp’s revised conversation pricing applies when you’re ready to expand beyond 1,000 conversations per month.
- Rates based on recipient region: Conversations will be paid at flat rates (no volume tiers) based on (a) recipient region, and (b) whether they are business-initiated or user-initiated.
- Free entry points: Conversations that start from Ads that Click to WhatsApp or Page CTAs on Facebook will be free. Learn more about these Ads and CTAs.
Please note that these prices are subject to change based on WhatsApp/Facebook Inc/ Meta changes.
If you have more questions, please write to email@example.com.