At Freshchat, we pursue making our product easier to use for everyone. We are making our Team Inbox Lite WCAG 2.0 Level AA compliant. With this, the Freshchat Team Inbox Lite is accessible to
- Visually Impaired Users
- Differently-abled users
Some high-level accessibility features are:
- Screen Reader - All the elements in the Team Inbox Lite can be narrated with the help of assistive technology, Eg. A Screen Reader.
- Accessible Rich Internet Applications (ARIA) attributes have been added to the Team Inbox Lite elements to make the overall application more accessible to the disabled users.
- All images have been provided with an alternative text.
- All dynamic updates like notifications, error messages, message delivery status will be announced by the screen reader.
- Keyboard Navigation - You can fully access the Freshchat Team Inbox Lite using your keyboard. Here’s the list of keyboard shortcuts:
- Visual Focus Indicator - Visual Focus Indicator has been provided for all the interactive elements of Team Inbox Lite to indicate the current selection to the users
- Colour Contrast
- Elements will have sufficient color contrast in compliance with WCAG 2.0 level AA which requires a contrast ratio of at least 4.5:1 for normal text and 3:1 for large text
- Team Inbox Lite can be resized up to 200% without loss of content or functionality to make the screen more accessible to visually impaired users
The Freshchat Inbox is WCAG 2.0 AA compliant in both the Lite and Advanced mode.
The Freshchat Conversations widget (web messenger) is not WCAG 2.0 AA compliant.